With 2015 coming to and end, I thought I would do a little review of our year, sharing some of the highlights!
- To start off: In January we took a trip down to Dodge City, Kansas, to visit our dear friends! This was the first time I was able to meet their sweet daughter, Penelope. This was also the first time they were able to meet Preston! That’s the hard part about living so far away. 😦 While we were there, we also found out that they we expecting baby #2! It was quite the surprise for everyone!!
2. In February Preston had his first swimming class. He was a natural fishy!! His teacher said he was so comfortable in the water and he was always kicking his feet and splashing around! I was lucky enough to be able to get in the water with him EVERY TIME (lol – slight sarcasm – hubby failed guppy class as a babe)
3. Our one and only, Preston, turned ONE in February. The first year of his life went by so fast. We are enjoying this time with Preston as we do not have another child yet. He is so much fun and always being super cute!! We are so very lucky and always say that we ‘won the kid lottery’. (although, just yesterday, I was telling my hubby I think he’s turning into a real toddler, with the fits he will throw when he needs to take off his jammies.) Otherwise, Preston is impressing us daily with how smart he is! He knew his whole alphabet by the time hew as 18 months. He can now identify primary colors. He is talking up a storm and can say 3 syllable words. When we were counting the stairs the other day, he surprised me because I said one, two, he said three, i said four, he said five, i said six, seven, he said eight, i said nine, and he said ten! I was so shocked because he’s never counted for us before. Anyway, Preston is pretty much our highlight everyday!
4. In May we took our first trip without Preston. We went down to Galveston, Texas, because my sister and her boyfriend were graduating from Medical School. It was such a nice trip. It was my first time away from Preston (that was more than 24 hours). We had a blast riding our bikes along the gulf, drinking hurricanes by the pool at Float, bar hopping on our bikes, and just relaxing the way parents dream when they don’t have a tiny human to care for. Thanks to our amazing mother in law for caring for him and our dog, Bentley!
5. In June, we headed to Seattle to visit my husbands family. This was the first time most of them had met Preston. We were able to do fun touristy things, while working around Preston’s nap. We went to the zoo, the space needle, we were able to take a little boat ride while grammy watched the boys (Preston and his cousin, Noble). We had so much fun and Preston did really well on the flights!
6. Right after Seattle, we headed to Milwaukee to help my sister move into her house! We painted, and cleaned, and helped decorate and hang things on the walls. She is doing her residency there and bought the most adorable little house!! It was a hidden gem for sure. We love having her so close!!
7. In September, my dear friend Rindi came to visit!! We were able to hang out and tailgate and enjoy the short weekend together!!
8. Hubby and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on September 15th. To celebrate, we took Preston to the zoo and went to Zombie Burger for lunch. It was the perfect day!
9. In October I died parts of my hair blue!! This was the firs time i’ve ever done anything crazy to my hair. I love it!! It’s hard to see in pictures, but you can see the blue so well in the sunlight!! I love that it’s subtle, yet drastic. 🙂 *it was my ‘i’m turning 30 in a few months rebellion* #ifyoudontdoitbefore30you’llneverdoit sort of thing. haha!
10. Preston dressed up as Superman for Halloween this year!! I had a minor Mom fail at first, we never ended up making it to my SIL’s house, where his costume was, so I ran out the night before to pick him up a last minute costume, only to find out it was trick or treating at the mall that night and every parent had their adorable dressed up child there, except me. I bought a costume and threw it on Preston so we could partake! I’ll never forget the feelings I felt that night.
11. In November we had our first professional family photos. It was scheduled during Preston’s nap time and it went as I thought it would. Preston was cranky and fussy. The photographer had to work really hard to get him to smile-but she did a great job! The only thing that sucks about having the photographer work so hard at making your child smile, is that she doesn’t catch crooked shirts, off centered necklaces, Thomas the Train socks showing, Peanut M&M clenched in the hand of a toddler, etc.
12. In December, I celebrated my 30th birthday! My friends went above and beyond, they made dinner reservations, rented a limo, and we cruised around a partied all night! It was so perfect!!! I was gifted a cute Kate Spade Crossbody, some copper shot glasses, warm fingerless mittens, and a helicopter ride over the Glaciers when hubby and I go to New Zealand in a few months. My parents got me a BlueRay Player and some bath towels which was amazing, sisters both got me an amazing purses, and my hubby spoiled me with flowers, cooking me breakfast, getting me a new iPhone, and other little surprises every time i turned the corner!! I felt like a queen for sure.
13. My best friend who lives in Australia, came back to the States over Christmas! She’s getting married in March so we were able to go wedding dress shopping with her!! She found the dress and it is perfect!! I cannot wait to be her Maid of Honor. It has been such an honor being her friend these past 10 years. She is such an amazing person with a heart of gold. I love her to BITS!! lol (Bits is her nickname for me – she actually came up with it when we were drunk and bickering in college, I told her I was going to call her Keeks (she hated it – but it stuck) and she said ‘well then ill call you BITS for BIG F*ING TITS) So here we are, 10 years later, Keeks & Bits.
14. Christmas was so perfect this year!! Both of my sisters were able to make it back for the holiday. This hasn’t happened in years! We always have so much fun together. Family time is the best time. Cherish every moment with your loved ones, the memories will last forever. ❤
15. The greatest part of 2015 is that I have been blessed with an amazing family, a loyal and faithful husband, a sweet baby boy, our health, & happiness.
So here’s to 2016!
I pray everyone has a wonderful new year filled with lots of Love & Laughter!
…until next time! xoxo ❤